Latest practice notes:
Pretty good, generally on-line and carrying about 230 yards on average. Would comfortably be 250+ if I could lower trajectory a bit, but I’m not complaining given I couldn’t even hit driver a few months ago.
- Feet perpendicular, no flare.
- Stable lower body, maintain knee flex, right foot planted.
- Hover the club-head at address, seem to hit the sweet-spot more often.
Getting better, fewer fat shots. Same keys as driving, but I don’t hover the club-head with irons.
What I am working on now:
- Loading into right side properly – slight lateral shift (including movement of head) on backswing. Firm right side, keeping weight on inside of right foot.
Not good, just seemed to have forgotten how to hit them. I think I have got them back on track though, with the following plan:
- Set up ball in middle of stance, slight forward shaft lean, a bit more weight on left side.
- Swing feels like both arms feel very straight and I just swing them straight back and straight through.
- Swinging back to 8pm equates to a 50 yard pitch with the SW. Choking down to the bottom of the grip and exactly the same swing equates to 25/30 yards.
- Same swing with PW to about 9pm equates to about 100 yards.
Lost my touch a bit but technique isn’t going to change.
- Use 8 iron.
- Club quite upright, with putting grip (no interlock).
- Putting stroke, simply back to about 7pm, and back through.
- Take the club back very slowly.
- Use the toe.
Not good. Back to the drawing board.
Bump and run – club up, narrow stance and shorten swing when I have a tricky approach shot or uneven lie.